Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Tall Eucalyptus Tree

"Majesty"
16" X 20" Oil on Canvas


Painted this one up to show at my upcoming Studio Tour. I like the vertical format with the eucalyptus tree running off the canvas. I also like the nice contrast between foreground tree and eucalyptus trees back in the distant haze...I like that effect. I also painted this one to gear up for a very large one I want to do that I was talking to my friend and talented artist Christine Brallier about....I've still tinkering with that idea in the back of my mind.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I love ypur green tone here, it is really nice
    see you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,
    Thank you for checking out the painting. It's good to see you Laura. Those photos you have on your blog in September have such a mysterious and yet playful quality to them. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love these colors you've been using lately! Just beautiful. Can't wait for the large version :) (and thank you for the compliment :) I'm happy to know you and be friends!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine,
    Thanks for the comments on the colors Christine. I've decided to look into either making a larger canvas or just using what I have. I have some large gallery wrap canvas I could use but it isn't as large as I wish but we'll see.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete