Friday, July 30, 2010

Road to Foxen Canyon


"Road to Foxen Canyon"
6" X 6" Oil on Panel
This little downhill is actually a paved road but I wanted dirt...and it's my painting so you know how that goes. On the left-hand side at the bottom of this road is the Firestone Vineyard...yep, the tire company. On the right-hand side and up just a bit is the Fess Parker Vineyard...yep, Daniel Boone...well, Disney's Daniel Boone. He recently passed away and that was a shame because he was a very well respected man around here. Mention Fess Parker and you bring a lot of smiles to a lot of people. I like this view over Foxen Canyon. If you ever get a chance to drive through Foxen Canyon it is well worth the trip.
$115.00






3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Ron - I almost feel like I am standing there looking out over this gorgeous view. I can hardly believe this is only 6x6 - what a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Susan, Ron. So rich and full of atmosphere. Always is a pleasure to see you landscapes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan...thanks for the kind words. It's really something to see the wonderful light at this time of day...one day I'll really get it on canvas, haha.

    Hi Celeste...hope things are ok for you over there in the great state of Oklahoma! I always enjoy seeing your latest painting. Thanks Celeste!

    ReplyDelete