Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eucalyptus


"Eucalyptus"
5" X 7" Oil on Panel
A study in eucalyptus trees with afternoon light. I am playing with adjusting late afternoon light and pushing that look and "feel" of that particular time of day. I like afternoon light but it is hard to capture if you are painting plein air. I am concentrating on it in the studio to speed thing up out there in the field. I'm using up the last of my Lukas paint on a lot of these small paintings. I've got an order in to try out some Utrecht paint. I've been wanting to do that for a long time now and finally got around to ordering some of their paint the other day. Yesterday I ordered some new large canvases for gallery work to be done. I'm going to try out some Fredrix Red Label canvases. Lots of trying things out soon.
$100.00






2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Ron...

    I love learning how you are learning. This little painting has a beautiful feel to it.

    Why Ultrech...??? Will it make you paint any better??? LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marian,
    Painting is such a never ending bit of lessons to learn. If I knew the Utrecht paints would make me paint better I would have ordered it years ago! hahaha.
    I actually just like trying out the different paints out there to see how they mix. I pretty much use the primaries and mix my greens, violets etc. so it is neat to see how various paints have subtle differences when mixing commonly used colors. So far Holbein paints were my least favorite when it came to mixing my greens.
    Thanks for the comments Marian.

    ReplyDelete