Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pampas


"Pampas"
6"x 6" Oil on panel
I really enjoy painting pampas grass. Their plumes always catch the light and give off great variations of light creamy ochres. I wait till the sun moves around behind the ones we have growing along our driveway to see the effects given to their plumes. It really helps to have a nice dark pine tree behind them to add that nice contrast in colors. It was very fun painting this scene. This painting was with Lukas paints and some Winsor & Newton oils.
$115.00






2 comments:

  1. What a fun subject, Ron - and you did it justice! You really caught the light nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    Thanks for checking it out! I don't know why I don't paint them more...I'm always looking at them when I'm walking along the driveway.

    ReplyDelete