Friday, November 5, 2010

Skark's Parlour


"Shark's Parlour"
16" X 20" Oil on Canvas
Just finished up on this sportfisherman berthed down at Santa Barbara harbor. I loved the glow of the white, yes, white cabin walls in the early afternoon sun. I tried to capture that color along the back wall of the cabin and transom while showing the bright day's light left on the sunlit sides of the boat. I am pretty happy with the job of capturing that glow so I feel this painting has me on the right course in my paintings. I'm a happy camper!

2 comments:

  1. And so you should be, Ron - it does glow! Its a wonderful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Susan. That glow shows up here ok but it really shows much better IRL here on the easel...one ay I'll take much better picss, haha.

    ReplyDelete